The Scientific Expert plays a key role in developing the internal and external scientific credibility of the company. As a seasoned scientific specialist in the Genomics & Transcriptomics (NGS/PCR,…) fields, the Scientific Expert will implement tools, approaches and strategies to cater for the analytical R&D needs and challenges of a wide range of clients (biotech, pharma, academies,…) whose activities are spreading across the oncology, ATMPs and microbiology spaces. The Scientific Expert is directly accountable to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Location: Charleroi
- Employment type: Full time
- The Scientific Expert will globally scientifically support all the activities and steps of the business cycle of the company from prospection to delivery of the analysis reports to the client.
- This position requires smooth and fluent day-to-day interactions and coordination with different in-house multidisciplinary operational teams especially with the Project Managers and the Laboratory Manager.
Leading and primary roles in:
- Ensuring the perfect and timely execution of the technical and scientific aspects of the analytical projects (client and in-house).
- Providing the client with relevant and added-value scientific inputs and advice throughout the performance of the projects.
- Optimizing and automating already-validated analytical protocols, processes and assays.
- Designing, performing, validating, and fully documenting new assays and analytical procedures
- Transferring in a timely manner into the company R&D analytical protocols from external partners and carrying them through to industrialization stage.
- Scientific Market intelligence activities and Literature Review
- Ensuring compliance of its activities to quality standards such as ISO certifications and GXP
Ancillary and secondary roles in :
- Participating in the definition of the short, medium and long-term scientific strategy of the company
- Providing meaningful scientific insights to help in the definition and the management of the IP strategy of the company,
- Contributing to the set-up and the management of R&D projects in-house or with external partners (eg. BioWin, Région Wallonne, EU, …)
- Providing scientific leadership at internal and external meetings such as international conferences and congresses
- Developing an overall knowledge and understanding of the stakeholders’ interplay within the markets of interest
- Delivering scientific support to the management for new analytical instruments and technology acquisition (Capex)
- Generating regular articulate activity reports for management
- Ph D. in Molecular Biology or in a related discipline. Immunology and Pharma/Biotech industry experience are real plus points
- Perform well in a matrix working environment being in charge of multi-faceted projects
- Proficiency in developing and optimizing molecular bioassays in regulated environment (ISO, GXP, …)
- Significant relevant scientific expertise acquired within the NGS/Transcriptomics & Genomics fields.
- Hands-on and wet-lab experience with various molecular biology analytical methods such as nucleic acid isolation, qPCR, digital PCR, Next-Generation Sequencing, NGS, …)
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office. Bio-IT and statistics knowledge are a plus
- A proven track-record of peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations at conferences
- Business awareness and acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of working both autonomously and within multidisciplinary teams
- Result oriented and problem solving
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Strong analytical ability
- Working in a very structured and organized manner, attentive to details and meeting set deadlines
- Languages : French and English fluency. Any other European languages is a plus
- A long-term contract, full time (40h with time recovery scheme)
- A salary in line with the applicant’s experience with extra benefits
- Paid time-off in order to attend congress and scientific training
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com